YouTube is used by millennials when they search for many different types of content. According to audience profiling surveys, the Food/Cooking/Recipe genre has ranked 4th amongst the top 10 categories that users highly search for.
Food is one of the fastest growing genres on YouTube and views for food-related content increase more than 170% year-over-year.
Here are some of the best practices in order to turn your channel into a tasty destination for your fans:
- Place the spotlight on the food
- Make it easy to follow along
- Find your niche
- Offer the basics
- Don’t just stick to recipes
- Organize your channel for easy discovery
- Make viewers feel special
- Collaborate with other channels
Nowadays, everyone wants to make a video viral. But how can you achieve this? The new trend in cooking is to create short videos that can be uploaded across all social media platforms. This is also a great way to further enhance audience engagement and drive traffic to your YouTube channel.
Take Tasty Videos - a great example on how to dominate a niche audience. They started off on YouTube in early 2016 and in just over a year they have attracted an audience of over 2M subscribers and generated more than 300M views. The ingredients behind their success, are elements you can adopt too:
- Brevity: Short but engaging videos able to grab audience’s attention!
- Simplicity: Keep it simple - let the audience feel free to try these new recipes!
- Fit for the audience: To the point - Analyze the target audience’s needs and offer what they want!
- Highly shareable: Brevity, Simplicity and Relevance are combined in a perfect way, making their content easily shareable.
- Visual power: They know how to grab viewers attention!
- Being everywhere: Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Vine. - They are everywhere! You should be too!